Difference between Manual extensions and automatic extensions in Google Ads
Today we will discuss what is an Ad Extension, how are Manual Ad Extension different from Automatic Ad Extension and some Ad Extensions best practices.
- What is Google Ads Extension
- Benefits Of Google Ads Extensions
- Google Ads Ad Extension types
- Difference between Manual Ad extensions and Automatic Ad Extensions
- Google Ads extensions best practices
- Google Ads Extensions in detail
- Google Ads Sitelink Extensions
- Google Ads Location Extensions
- Google Ads Call Extensions
- Google Ads App Extensions
- Google Ads Price Extensions
What is Google Ads Extension?
Ad Extensions are some extra brief of information about your business which can be added to your text ads which include your location, phone number, business ratings, etc.
There are basically two types of Ad Extensions which are Manual Ad Extension and Automatic Ad Extension. You should note that ad extensions don’t always show your information, therefore, it’s important to keep the most important information in your Text Ads and the other information in the extensions.
Benefits Of Google Ads Extensions
Be it automated or manual, ad extensions are launched to improve the output from the ad copies. Below are a few benefits of adding extensions to Google Ads:
- Click count Increment: Ad Extensions increase the physical size of your ads on the results page. Your ads are more visible with useful information. These enlarged ads are attractive and can persuade users to click.
- Click-through Rate Enhancement: Clickthrough Rate is important metrics for online ads. The better the clickthrough rate, the higher are the chances of conversions. Ads with extensions are found to have a higher clickthrough rate than ads without extensions. And ads with multiple extensions perform better than ads with a single extension.
- Ad Rank Improvement: Google Ads Extensions have a direct impact on the rank of the ads. When calculating Ad Rank, Max CPC and Quality Score are considered along with the expected result of ad extensions and formats. This has also been confirmed by Google.
- Higher chances of Conversions: With ad extensions in place, not just the click count increases, but also the click quality. Ads with extensions allow users to make a well-informed click. And the users who get to the landing page are most likely to make a purchase.
- Quality Score Boost: An increase in the click count and an enhanced click-through rate lead to a chance of better conversion rate. These facts improve the ad rank by boosting the Quality Score of keywords.
Google ads extensions are helpful to increase your sales, CTR, ROI. But if your campaign is not created by following Googles best practices, it's going to hurt you back with low ROI. You can create your Google Ads Campaigns using AdNabu- Google Ads Software in no time. To do this, you don't have to be a Google Ads Expert.
Google Ads Ad Extension types
Ad Extensions is a feature through which advertisers can show additional business information such as address, phone number, etc. Google Ads offers two types of ad extensions; Automatic extensions and Manual extensions.
Google Ads Automated Extensions
Automated ad extensions are those that Google adds to an ad copy if that extension is predicted to improve the ad’s performance.
Google Ads automated Extension types are listed below.
- Automated Call Extensions
- Automated Location Extensions
- Consumer Rating Extensions
- Dynamic Sitelink Extensions
- Dynamic Structured Snippets
- Previous Visits Extensions
- Seller Rating Extensions
Google Ads Manual Extensions
Manual ad extensions are those extensions that advertisers need to set based on their business requirements.
Google Ads manual Extension types are listed below.
- App Extensions
- Call Extensions
- Callout Extensions
- Location Extensions
- Price Extensions
- Review Extensions
- Sitelinks Extensions
- Structured Snippets
Difference between Manual Ad extensions and Automatic Ad Extensions
Manual Extensions is different from Automatic Ad Extension as manual extension requires you to fill your business details manually whereas Automatic Extensions doesn’t. Manual Ad Extensions are better because they can be customized and it reports easily.
Generally, when people talk about Ad Extension they usually mean Manual Ad Extension. It is so powerful that it can display anything like click-to-call buttons, store information info, message option other than calling a service or the pricing of the services that your company offers. Now, let's discuss some Ad Extensions below to understand better.
Google Ads extensions best practices
Ads without Google Ads Extensions are often incomplete.They might either convey a lot less sense leading to scarce conversions or incur very high cost-per-conversion rendering them unprofitable. Ad extensions are free fixes to improve ads and related conversions. However, it is essential to use the extensions with caution. A misplaced extension or an extension with a weak message might have an adverse effect. Therefore, the threat of losing potential customers and money exists. In the best interest to avoid these risks, please follow the below mentioned best practices.
- Define your goal: Defining a purpose comes first every time. Before you implement ad extensions, figure out what kind of growth/goals you want to achieve.
- Understand all the extensions: Once your goals are set, you can now research and acquire in-depth knowledge of different types of extensions. This exercise will help you figure out how these extensions work and how they can help you achieve your goals.
- Choose the best: Never spam extensions on an ad copy. Choose the one that fits your requirements first. Implement it. And let it work its wonders.
- Performance and review: Once you have implemented your first ad extension, track its performance and review it with your historical data. Note down the changes. Analyze how these changes are affecting your campaign.
- Multiple extensions: Using various extensions is better than using a single extension. But before you go with your second extension, be sure to audit the performance of your first extension. Always make calculated decisions that are backed by data, not just intuitions.
In AdNabu we ensure all Google Ads Extensions Best Practices are followed in each and every step of creating, Maintaining and Optimizing Google Ads Campaigns . Which makes Your Google Ads Campaigns ROI to Increase.
Google Ads Extensions in detail
Now let us Discuess each Google Ads Ad Extension type in Detail and look at some best practices of using these Ad extensions for maximum ROI in your Google Ads.
Sitelink Ad Extension is additional links that we can add to our search ads which allow users to browse through offerings up front so their clicks are more relevant to their needs.
Sitelinks are links to various pages of your website that you can add to your ads.
- You can have your own text describing the link and the URL that redirects to specific pages on your website. You can use call-to-action texts or informative texts to persuade users to visit different pages.
- Sitelink extensions best go with broad match keywords. This gives you a scope of wider audiences.
- You can also update the text or the URL anytime you want without actually having to redesign the ad copy. This also means that your data is intact. It doesn’t reset.
- And, you can also schedule your site link extensions for specific dates of the month, days of the week, time of the day, etc.
Google Ads Location Extensions
If you are looking for in-store foot traffic Location extension is the best since users can see store address and hours of operation in the search ads. To make this is available to you, you have to connect your “Google My Business Account” to your Google Ads.
Best Practices for Google Ads Location Extensions
Location extensions allow you to include your physical store location.
- Google Ads location extensions are highly helpful in increasing visitors to your brick-and-mortar store.
- You can also combine location extensions with geo (radius) targeting and location-based bid adjustments to show ads to those people who are near your store.
- Location extensions are not just limited to increasing first-time visitors. You can club it with callout extensions to prompt users to avail in-store returns or in-store trials.
- Including a location extension also helps boost the legitimacy of your ad copies as well as your business. It always helps users trust you when you give them a chance to visit their shop physically.
Google Ads Call Extensions
This extension allows you to show your phone number on your ads which are generally known to click to call extension whereas for the mobile users you can only click on the ad to dial our business.
Best Practices for Google Ads Call Extensions
Call extensions allow you to add your business phone number to your search ads.
- Avoid using call extensions on keywords under broad or modified broad match type.
- Use call extensions on keywords under phrase and exact match types. This is to ensure that the user is ready to make a phone call as their searches match your keywords.
- Set up Ad Scheduling. This is to make sure that your ads with call extensions trigger only when you are available to take calls.
- You can also use call-only campaigns for better results as call-only campaigns are a part of mobile-only campaigns. Your ads will be shown only to users who are on mobile devices. Hence, leading to a better chance of conversion.
- Set up call conversion tracking to monitor the performance of the ads with call extensions enabled.
Google Ads App Extensions
App extension allows you to add a mobile app download button next to your search ad. It is attached with your thumbnail icon, name and a customizable call to action button under your text ad.
Best Practices for Google Ads App Extensions
App extensions allow you to add an app download button to your search ads.
- Create a remarketing list of visitors who used mobile devices. App extensions don’t make sense for users on desktops.
- Also, make sure that your app is both iOS and Android compatible. Otherwise, it will lead to bad user experience when the app download fails.
- Likewise, have both iOS and Android conversion tracking enabled.
- Your thumbnail and name on the extension should be vivid and legit. A dull ad copy raises questions of trust among users.
- Use an innovative and catchy call-to-action instead of download now. Because the market is saturated with millions of ads, standing out is the best way to win customers.
Google Ads Price Extensions
By the use of Price extension, you can show users about the prices of your products and services that you are offering directly on the ad.
Best Practices for Google Ads Price Extensions
Price extensions allow you to include prices of various products/services you offer.
- Using price extensions, you can showcase your product prices along with your ads on the search results page itself. If you have better pricing than your competitors, you have won customers even before they clicked on your ads. Smooth, isn’t it?
- Price extensions might be a problem if your products are priced high. It might reduce your clickthrough rate initially. However, your conversion rate would improve.
- With price extensions, you have the flexibility to update them regularly without breaking a sweat. You don’t need to create new texts for new products. Instead, you can just change the name, and description of the existing price extension enabled ads.
AdNabu helps improve sales in Google Ads. if you are running search, shopping or display campaigns in Google Ads, Our software will be able to increase your sales. Sign up today for a 14 day Free trial
Hopefully, You have understood What is an Ad Extension, What are the different Ad Extensions, the difference between them, and some best practices about Ad Extensions.
Are you a Digital marketer and searching for ways and methods to get traffic to your website, explore more about it in our new series called 'Marketing Expansion Series’ by AdNabu.
AdNabu helps businesses to increase sales through Google Ads automated SaaS. We provide a well-defined pathway and accurate solutions for your marketing plans. Subscribers on weekly basis receive an insight and efficient action plans for complete campaign management and our team is here to guide you throughout the marketing journey.
If you find any difficulty in Google Ads you can check out our article on AdWords help.
Popular pages like this
- What Is The Difference Between AdWords Vs AdSense?
- How To Submit Your Website On Merchant Circle And Get Free Traffic Today?
- Every Google docs shortcut that you must know to improve efficiency
- Ultimate guide to Google sheets shortcuts that you need to know now!
- Discover How My Client center (MCC) can help simplify managing multiple Google Ads(AdWords) accounts
- Adwords Help -Discover Ways To Get Support From Google Ads(AdWords) Team
- Beginner's Guide to Create Reddit account.
- Ultimate Guide to Bing Analytics. How to link Bing Analytics data to your Google Data
- How To Submit Your Website On Superpages Business Listing | Local SEO Guide
- What is ROAS? Roas Calculation. How is Roas better than calculating ROI?