Google Ads for Industries - Search campaign
Whether you are trying your hands on PPC marketing for the first time or optimizing your existing campaigns for better performance, there are certain practices that sets you apart from the rest of the crowd, the only problem is that these best practices are tough to follow.
One important point that people miss out is that all those practices differ for different industries. For example, the best practice to add phone number using call extension in your ad copy can work well for a lead generation company. Phone numbers help the customer connect with you quickly.
But this is applicable only where the business services are heavy through the phone. Imagine an e-commerce company highlighting their phone number instead of redirecting them to the product link, it would do more harm than add value.
Though it requires a thorough understanding and experimentation with Google Ads to get to best practices for your industry, we at AdNabu have done an in-depth study of each industry and curated the A-Z of Google Ads for you.
Let us begin with evaluating the top industries:
Finance and Insurance ($4.0 Billion)
Finance and insurance have topped the list as they have big customer ticket size. Google Ads spend is also higher for the same reason. This domain comprises of commercial banking, investment banking, loans, credit cards, mutual funds, hedge funds, financial securities, shares, insurance- (health, property, life casualty, etc).
Retailers and General Merchandise ($2.8 Billion)
Retail and general merchandise bagged the second place because of Amazon with a yearly spent of approx.157 million followed by Walmart stores with a spent of 59.6 million. This domain includes entire e-commerce, offline sale stores, grocery services, etc.
Travel and Tourism ($2.4 Billion)
Travel and Tourism is again an industry where the ticket size is quite high since it includes tour packages, domestic and international flight bookings, etc. Price-line Group is observed as the highest spender for the industry with 82.3 million of yearly spend followed by Expedia with a spend of 61.7 million.
Jobs and Education ($2.2 Billion)
With the increasing awareness of the importance of education and vast awareness because of the internet these days, there are new and innovative courses and schools coming up offline as well as online. And as the trend is moving towards online, everyone looking for a job or a course or an institute is doing it online. This sector includes any kind of jobs, courses - online or offline, educational institutes, career counselors, etc. The top spender in this category is Apollo education.
Home and Garden ($2.1 Billion)
Home and Garden made it to the top 5 industries with highest spent. This domain includes Real estate, Home and industrial furniture and soft furnishing, interiors, plants, fertilizers, etc.
Other notable mentions for top spenders are Vehicles ($2.0 Billion), Computers and Consumer Electronics ($2.0 Billion) and Internet and Telecom ($1.7 Billion).
After over experience with more than 3000 customers using our Google Ads automation software, we realized that each industry has its own best practices when it comes to creating an effective Google Ads campaign.
Below are the industry-specific guides for Search campaigns:
- Google Ads for Lawyers
- Google Ads for Real estate
- Google Ads for Doctors
- Google Ads for Dentists
- Google Ads for Educational Institute
- Google Ads for Automobile Industry/ Car dealers
- Google Ads for Florists
- Google Ads for Electricians
- Google Ads for Plumbers
- Google Ads for Restaurants
- Google Ads for Travel Industry (Holiday/vacation)
- Google Ads for Hotels and Resorts
- Google Ads for OTA and Flight Booking Websites
- Google Ads for Mobile Repair Services
- Google Ads for Car Rental Services
- Google Ads for Locksmith
- Google Ads for Salon and Spa
- Google Ads for Fitness and Gym
- Google Ads for Electronic Repair Services
If you are running search, shopping or display campaigns in Google Ads, Our software will be able to increase your sales. Sign up today for a 14 day Free trial
Popular pages like this
- Google Ads for Dentists & Dental Practitioners - Marketing tips and strategies
- Google Ads for Doctors & Medical Practitioners - Marketing tips and strategies
- Google Ads for Plumbers - Marketing tips and strategies
- Google Ads for Florists - Marketing tips and strategies
- Google Ads for Electricians - Marketing tips and strategies
- Google Ads for Educational Institutes - Marketing Tips and strategies.
- Google Ads for Automobile Industry and Car Dealers
- Google Ads for Restaurants - Marketing tips and strategies
- Google Ads for Travel Agents - Marketing tips and strategies
- Google Ads for Hotels and Resorts - marketing Tips and strategies